Thursday, November 4, 2010

Snug as a Bug in a Rug?

Its a Bed Bug Epidemic! They are everywhere! I don't know about you, but I am terrified of the thought of these critters being in my home. Department stores, movie theaters and hotels have fallen victim to these tiny parasites!

I have heard so many things about them. So I decided to Google them and get the real deal: Bedbugs or bed bugs are small parasitic insects of the family Cimicidae (most commonly Cimex lectularius).[2] The term usually refers to species that prefer to feed on human blood. All insects in this family live by feeding exclusively on the blood of warm-blooded animals.[3][4] The name 'bedbug' is derived from the insect's preferred habitat of houses and especially beds or other areas where people sleep. Bedbugs, though not strictly nocturnal, are mainly active at night and are capable of feeding unnoticed on their hosts. (Wikipedia)

Check your mattress seams and even flip your mattresses to check for Bed Bug Infestations. Other clues would be the bite marks that they leave behind. It is advised to wash and dry your clothes completely. And try not to sit on your bed with clothing that you have worn to work, you could possibly have carried back a Bed Bug! These parasites are mobile!

My neighbor suggested that I should purchase a repellent spray. Repellent sprays can prevent and treat infestations. Trust me when I say, I will be dropping by Home Depot to pick up a few cans of "bug be gone"! Think about it, the price of a few cans of repellent is nothing compared to the cost of purchasing new mattresses for the entire home.

Until then, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!
Are you afraid of this new Bed Bug Scare?
Talk Is Cheap- Drop a dime on Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment