Saturday, August 14, 2021

Should we wash our meat before we eat ??

People are pretty much torn when it comes to deciding whether or not to wash their meat before cooking. Growing up I can remember my mother washing her chicken, pulling off the fat and discarding any unwanted icky stuff that was on the raw meat! She would also clean the sink area  or cutting board with soapy water afterwards. This later became my practice when preparing food for my own family. Honestly the day I saw someone pull the chicken from the pack to the pan, I was in complete and utter shock! 


Now Let's deal with the factual information about the topic at hand. According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) “Washing can spread germs from the chicken to other food or utensils in the kitchen”. The CDC issued a reminder on social media saying “Don’t wash your raw chicken”! The government organization explained that during the washing process the ‘chicken juices’ can spread putting people at risk of food poisoning from campylobacter bacteria. Studies show that the contaminated water droplets can travel more than 50cm in every direction!


Now let's keep it real! Do you wash your meat before you eat? Let me know where you stand on the issue??? Thank you for reading.
 xoxo Chyna B.





Talk Is Cheap- Drop A Dime On Em! 

No comments:

Post a Comment