Thursday, February 3, 2011

One on One with Artist Beata Drozd

Born in Poland and educated at St. Martin's College of Art and Design in London, Beata Drozd began her career as a painter. She moved to New York City four years ago and began to concentrate on collages made from glossy magazines. The details of her portraits are so carefully constructed that her pieces look like paintings from a few feet away.- Gazette.Net

Beata Drozd creates breath taking collages from fabrics and Paper. Her most preferred paper comes right out of Vogue magazine and various high fashion publications.

                                                                      Photography by Alonzo Boldin

Online Interview:

Ms.Chyna BlaQ: Hi Beata, firstly I want to say it is a great pleasure to have you on my blog! Secondly, your art work is simply breath taking!! I want to ask you, what or who inspires your work?

Beata Drozd
: Beauty and  people inspire me. I love New York and  its energy which fills you to create and explore new subjects. I get lots of ideas from popular culture magazines, I am very passionate about VOGUE, its amazing photography and brilliant spectrum of colors

Ms.Chyna BlaQ:  What do you want people to know about Beata Drozd the artist?

Beata Drozd: I hope to be an artist who is very much a part of contemporary culture and who records moments in time through my technique and choice of the subject. I portray people who I meet and who inspire me.The popular culture is changing so rapidly. I would like to portray these exciting  stories and keep them alive.

Ms.Chyna BlaQ: I want to also Congratulate you on your first solo show, this Thursday, Feb.3rd!! All eyes will be on you and your art work, are you nervous at all? And how did you prepare for this event?   

Beata Drozd: I am very happy with the artwork in the show at Andre Zarre Gallery. The collages have reference to some great masterpieces and bring them to contemporary reality, like the portrait of Andre Leon Talley inspired by "Innocent X" by Velazquez. The collage is made from pieces of paper with the latest fashion collections, furs and a PRADA bag. The portrait of Maggio Cipriani inspired by "Young Knight in a Landscape" by Vittore Carpaccio shows a young prince of New York in an 'Iron Man' like outfit, facing the chaos of the great cosmopolis.

Ms.Chyna BlaQ: What do you wish to accomplish from your show, "The Million Dollar Celebrities"???

Beata Drozd: Hahaha! I should be more realistic.... 

Ms. Chyna BlaQ: Beata Drozd...Where do you see yourself in 5 years!

Beata Drozd: To be a subject of another show "One Million Dollar Celebrities" 

Ms. Chyna BlaQ: Beata you are a Colleague and a friend, I wish you much success in all your endeavors. I will be at your Show this Thursday with Bells On!! Thank you so much for your time.







Beata Drozd
The Million Dollar Celebrities 
February 1- March.12,2011
Opening Reception
Thursday, February.3,2011 6-8pm
ANDRE ZARRE GALLERY
529 West 20th Street, New York, N.Y, 1011
(212)255-0202

Talk Is Cheap- Drop A Dime On Em! 

No comments:

Post a Comment