Friday, January 14, 2011

Love on Lock Down

Okay, I was listening to radio personality Cherry Martinez on 105.1, she has a show called Lock Down Love that comes on Sunday evenings. The show allows people the opportunity to call and shout out their loved ones who are incarcerated. I started to think to myself...  

Lock Down Love.. Do you have what it takes to hold down your Incarcerated Boo??

As I listened to the many people that called the station that Sunday, I noticed that most of the callers were women. The countless "I miss you's " and "I love you's " were all from dedicated women calling to support their men! So what does that say about us as women? Are we more dedicated than men? Okay just think if you were locked up, would your man take trips upstate to see you? Or would he save himself until you returned?

I think the answer is No!You would probably be single at the sentencing.
(Much Respect to Remmy and Papoose, they are a true exception.)


I've seen so many dedicated women prepare for trips upstate to see their sons, boyfriends, husbands or friends. Packing and prepping, searching for the right thing to take or even rushing home to receive scheduled collect calls. I think it takes a dedicated heart and lots of patience to deal with supporting a incarcerated loved one.




Supporting your Man Behind Bars

Lonely and often in debt, many women remain loyal to their incarcerated men. These women are fueled by relationship promises that are often never fulfilled. Inmates rely heavily on the comfort and support of these women to get them through. Supporting a Love on Lock Down can become a troublesome and draining lifestyle. I honestly think its impossible to maintain a relationship with someone who is incarcerated. But there are women and men who do it and make it work.

Incarcerated Marriages on the rise...

There are many people who become romantically involved with prisoners and later get married. Married prisoners with good behavior are allowed conjugal visits from their spouses. Studies show that 1 in 9 incarcerated marriages end in divorce; which means that these marriages last longer than conventional marriages. Can you believe it??!! Why use eharmony or match maker when you have all these incarcerated hotties to choose from??!!

Okay Seriously, I don't think I am strong enough to maintain a relationship with a man that's locked up. And I think it would be selfish of him to ask me to wait for him, especially if he has a long sentence. What do you think? Could you hold down a locked down love? Or have you been in a relationship like this before?

Talk Is Cheap- Drop A Dime On Em!
Follow me on 
www.Twitter.com/MsChynaBlaQ

3 comments:

  1. I dont think, wait I know I would not be able to hold onto a relationship with someone that's locked up. No can do!!! Cool Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have in the past but at this point in my life, it aint happening. No time to move backwards unless its my husband and i know he got caught up n sum ol bs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been doin it for the past 6 yrs .. sad to tht its sad but I keep holding on .been with him 9yr this yr and 6 of it he's been in and out .

    ReplyDelete